- If we have heavy rains during the week, our schedules will run ½ to 1 day behind. The crews continue to work until all possible yards are done. (We do NOT work on Sunday). Those that are not done will be rescheduled for your regular day the following week.
- If after a heavy rain, you think that your yard is too wet to cut, please notify the office. This is a decision that the crew will not always make to your satisfaction. The same is true of drought conditions. If the crew has a ticket, the yard will be serviced. Let the office know, in advance of service, that you do not want it done. We have tried making these determinations and have found that not everyone sees these conditions in the same way.
- All accounts over 30 days receive a notification letter. If there is no response, the account is continued delinquent to 45 days, service will be discontinued. We will not resume the yard until the full amount is paid. We do accept all major credit cards.
- If your service is spotted for non or late payment, when service is resumed there will be an extra charge to get your lawn back in maintenance condition where necessary.
- We do not repair or replace damaged or broken sprinkler heads. Sprinkler equipment failure is not the responsibility of the lawn maintenance crew, i.e., pop-ups that don’t return to the property position are equipment failure. Equipment installed and working properly should never be damaged by lawn equipment. Season to Season Landscaping will not take responsibility for sprinkler heads/systems that are not installed properly and as a result, are damaged by our equipment. Before Season to Season Landscaping will take responsibility a supervisor will inspect the damage and determine if the damage was caused by the crew’s carelessness or negligence. If so determined, Season to Season Landscaping will assume responsibility.
- We will not take responsibility for any exposed wires, cables, electrical cables, etc. that are not installed properly and are cut or damaged by our equipment. If it is determined that damage was caused by the crew’s carelessness or negligence, Season to Season Landscaping will assume responsibility.
- We are not responsible for foreign matter left on the lawn, i.e. toys, hoses, paper, etc.
- We are not responsible for containing pets on your property. Our crews will make every effort to make sure gates are closed but will not assume responsibility for your pets. Also, if there is a dog in the backyard on the scheduled service day and our crew feels threatened by the pet we will not mow the backyard.
- When our crew arrives at your property, please make sure all children and pets are inside so they are not exposed to any debris that may be thrown from the equipment.
Season to Season Landscaping will not be held responsible for any damage to invisible fences, irrigation systems, television cable or electric lines to lamp posts, outdoor lighting, etc. Fees to repair any damage will be the responsibility of the customer.
Hardscape installation is guaranteed for a period of one (1) year from the date of installation. Hardscape materials are guaranteed to be as specified by the manufacturer for description and quality. We will repair, free of charge, any part of the hardscape that fails within this period. This warranty does not cover acts of God or acts of nature; i.e., tree roots, subsoil instability, hillside shift, nor does it cover any human-induced instability; i.e., car accidents, vandalism, etc. It also does not cover any stone product attached together with landscape adhesive, whether capstones, stair trends or any other application. We will not be liable for any injury incurred on a hardscape structure we install. Warranty claims must be submitted in writing to Season to Season Landscaping within the one-year period.
Discrepancies in completed work must be presented to Season to Season Landscaping within seven (7) days of completion date.
Please note the below circumstances that void this warranty in full:
- Any alteration to Hardscape or areas adjacent to Hardscape following installation.
- Sub-grade settling and/or construction compaction.
- Excavating or altering subgrade or construction base under or adjacent to Hardscape.
- Improper loading or use of Hardscape structure.
- Damage by any act of God, flooding, extreme wind, etc.
Season to Season Landscaping provides a one-year warranty of construction to be free of defects in workmanship. All materials will be warranted by the manufacturer. This warranty covers installation errors only. Fence materials will change in appearance, dimension, and shape due to the process of aging and exposure to the elements. Wood fence materials are subject to warping and cracking. Defects to the fence and fence hardware caused by these natural changes to the material are specifically excluded from this warranty. Also excluded are vandalism, climbing, vehicular damage, swinging on gates, and normal wear and tear. In the event your fence is in need of repair, all repairs will be made within 30 days of notification and may be subject to a charge if the damage is found to be caused by anything other than installation error.
All pressure-treated lumber will be wet when it arrives on your job site. As the lumber dries, it will shrink a little. This shrinkage is particularly noticeable in the gaps between pickets. Pickets on privacy fence spaced 0” apart during construction and can be expected to shrink to result in a 1/8” to ¼” gap between each picket. Let us know if you would like to know about fence styles that offer total privacy.
Season to Season Landscaping will need to know where your property lines are before we can begin to build your fence. If your survey corner stakes are in place, or if you have a copy of your site plan, we can usually determine where the lines are. Unless you specify otherwise, we typically build fences 4-6 inches inside the property lines.
Most neighborhoods require approval by the Homeowner’s Association (HOA), Architectural Committee or builder before a fence can be installed. Season to Season Landscaping will help in any way possible to ease you through this process. We are happy to provide drawings and any construction information which is needed. However, obtaining HOA approval is the responsibility of the homeowner. Season to Season Landscaping is not responsible for any violation of homeowners’ HOA covenants and guidelines.
Before construction, Season to Season Landscaping will call to have your buried utility lines located. These lines will be marked in temporary spray paint. Private lines such as buried wires to a shed or pool pump, as well as the water pipes of an irrigation system, cannot be located and we cannot be responsible for any damage. Please make us aware if you have any of these situations and extra care can be taken.
Landscaping / Plant Installation Disclaimer
Plant material installed is guaranteed for a period of one (1) year. All materials have been inspected and certified prior to and during installation, and care has been exercised by Season to Season Landscaping to ensure proper planting procedures. Season to Season Landscaping must be notified in writing within the one (1) year period of any requested warranty replacement. Please note circumstances in which the material will not be covered:
- Plant material that has been found to have died from lack of or overwatering and/or maintenance post-planting.
- Plant material that has been damaged by animals or acts of vandalism.
- Plant material damaged by any acts of God, i.e., winter burn, snow breakage, windburn, drought, flooding, etc.
- Plant material found to be damaged by insect/disease infestation. The plant material has been inspected and certified, our plants are guaranteed to be insect/disease-free at the time of installation.
- Annuals are seasonal and die at the end of each season and are not covered under any warranty.
- Any plant material that has been transplanted following installation.
- Any discrepancies in original planting must be reported to Season to Season Landscaping, within seven (7) days of installation.
- Adding raised beds or excessive mulch build-up after Season to Season Landscaping has completed work will void any warranty claim.
- Existing plant material that is transplanted as part of a project is not guaranteed.
If you have a warranty claim, the terms for replacement include:
- All accounts with Season to Season Landscaping must be current to make a claim.
- Items will be replaced with the material at the size stated in the contract. Growth factors will not be taken into account.
- Warranty replacement will cover replacement material of the plant at no cost to the customer.